I’ve forgotten how tired I get when I’m pregnant. By the end of the day, I am usually too tired to do much blogging. I tend to fall asleep on the couch around the time the boys get tucked in bed.
So although a lot has happened over the past few weeks, I haven’t blogged too much lately. Here’s some of the stuff I’ve neglected to put on the blog (in no particular order):
- Isaac had his latest piano recital. He played a piece from his lesson book, and also “Plumm’s Minigame” from the “Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess” video game. What a cool piano teacher he has to let him play video game music for the recital!
- Jonny graduated from preschool! They had a neat little ceremony, and we had punch and cookies afterward. It was a little crowded since Jonny’s preschool class is big (over 30 kids), and there were parents, grandparents and siblings at the graduation. We are so proud of our big boy!
- The big boys have decided they’re into Pokemon. Mark is not happy about this since he thinks Pokemon is nothing but a money-sucking device. I don’t mind so much since Pokemon seems to involve a lot of reading.
- Since we had to retire Ben’s baby carrier, we found a new way to carry him around stores, etc: the umbrella stroller! Ben really enjoys it since he can see more of what’s going on. The big boys especially enjoy pushing him around in it, which can be a big help (or a hazard depending on the day!)
- Ben has a brand-new Zevex Infinity feeding pump. This was supposed to be an upgrade from the Enteralite that we’ve had for a year and a half. There are a lot of things to like about the Infinity (it’s quiet, it’s smaller, it’s nicer), but there are a few things that we don’t like (the buttons are small and are all the SAME shade of blue. This makes it very hard to do any middle-of-the-night adjustments. Couldn’t they have at least put green and red LED’s on the “Stop” and “Go” buttons?) Ben of course doesn’t care, as long as he gets fed!
- We’ve been grilling alot lately. The weather hasn’t always cooperated. Both yesterday and Sunday Mark had to dash outside to save our food from sudden downpours of rain!
- Yesterday was our 13th wedding anniversary. Mark got me a Powerball lottery ticket for tomorrow’s drawing. I hope we win! I am so lucky to be married to my best friend.